Down To Earth - or just low.
- Hallet Walk in Canterbury was the target of copper theives.
- Two adjacent properties had the electrical earth connections stolen from the front outside wall.
- The green and yellow earth cable (yes the one disguised as a blade of long grass) runs to the outside meter.
- Second-hand, the weight of copper that was stolen was almost worthless as scrap
- But the consequences for student tenant's safety was potentially lethal.
- Check your earth connections are intact!
- If you are in the process of fitting a new boiler ignore the gas fitter who insists on fitting the gas supply pipe outside. Frankly they ought to realise that shiny copper is like a magnet for copper theives. Learn to like the look of indoor pipes, there is nothing more ugly than an outdoor missing pipe. It will cost a bit more to run pipes inside away from temptation, but you get to keep them indoors whereas the copper thieves get them outdoors.